Hearing aid technology is better than ever. If you’ve resisted getting a hearing aid in the past because of unpleasant feedback, difficulty adjusting the controls, or inability to use your hearing aid on the phone, it’s time to reconsider. Technological advances have corrected these problems and led to the development of hearing aids that are smaller and more effective than ever.
Here are some of the most exciting new technologies available in some of the latest digital and wireless hearing aid models:
- Feedback Elimination – no more buzzing, whining, or whistling
- Voice iQ – improves speech understanding in noisy environments
- Spectral iQ – broadens hearing range by replicating high-frequency sounds at lower frequencies
- Automatic Telephone Response – enables hearing aids to detect when you’re on the phone and adjust automatically
- Music & Television Processing – automatically detects music and TV audio and switches to your custom presets
- HydraShield – protects hearing aids from water, sweat, oil, and corrosion
- Touch Controls – allows you to adjust settings with a touch of a finger
- Self-Learning Technology – reduces the need for manual adjustments by learning your preferences and adjusting automatically
You might also be interested in hearing aids which use wireless technology to communicate with various wirelessly connected devices. For example, with a wireless hearing aid, you can actually receive audio from cell phones, music players, TVs, and computers directly to your hearing aid for crystal-clear sound with no interference. If you have two wireless hearing aids, you can adjust one and have it automatically transmit the new settings to the other hearing aid so you don’t have to perform the same adjustment twice.