Commonly called ringing in your ears, tinnitus is the very uncomfortable sensation of feeling like you can hear an annoying sound that isn’t externally present. You might hear a ringing, buzzing, or whistling noise, or it might sound more like hissing or chirping to you. No matter what type of sound you hear, Better Hearing Aid Service can help you find relief.
In the past, treating tinnitus was quite difficult because sufferers heard so many different sounds and frequencies. Now, advanced technology has given us the ability to create custom tinnitus treatments, using sounds specifically designed to counterbalance the unique tinnitus sounds you hear. During the fitting process, you will use a special tool to catalog your tinnitus sounds and record your sound stimulus preferences.
The Tinnitus Treatment Device
Tinnitus treatments are delivered through a wearable, receiver in ear style device that may or may not also include hearing aid technology. Other benefits of the device include:
- All-day relief from buzzing, ringing, whistling, and other tinnitus sounds
- Ability to fine tune the sound stimulus to provide relief for changing tinnitus sounds
- User-friendly controls for volume and memory adjustments
- Compatibility with other tinnitus treatments like masking or retraining therapies
- A variety of colors to suit your aesthetic requirements
Remember, tinnitus is a symptom of a larger problem, such as hearing loss, ear infections, or high blood pressure. Be sure to consult a specialist to determine the cause of your tinnitus symptoms before treating them. That way, you can be sure you are getting the best possible relief from your tinnitus.